7 Fun Back to School Campaign Ideas
Back to School season is a great time to recruit new loyalty program members and drive traffic to your business. Here are 7 fun campaign ideas to inspire you:
1. “Sign Up and Get a Free Small Coffee”
Draw students and teachers in with the promise of free coffee. This simple sign up bonus is a great way to add new customers to your loyalty program. Once you’ve got their info you’ll be able to send them promotions, deals and exciting offers, driving them back into your store regularly.
2. “In a rush? Place your order through our mobile app so you won’t be late to class!”
Now’s the perfect time to drive customers to use your mobile ordering feature. The convenience of placing orders in advance is an enticing selling feature for students or teachers who are in a rush to get to their classes.
3. “School can be stressful. Come take a breather in our yoga classes. We’re offering 8 classes for the price of 5! Claim this deal before it’s gone!”
As counter-intuitive as it may be, back to school season is a great time to offer deals on classes! Whether it’s yoga classes, dance classes, or music classes, this is a great time for students to take on hobbies to balance their academic activities.
4. “Free cookie for our smart cookies. For members of our loyalty program, get a free cookie with purchase when you bring in an exam with an A!”
This is a fun promotion you can run to celebrate hardworking students. It also encourages them to join your loyalty program since they can’t receive the free gift without signing up. And after their first visit they’ve already made a purchase and started to earn points, therefore they’re more likely to return and continue to earn points.
5. “Give $5, Get $5! Refer a friend and both you and your friend will get $5 credit on your next purchase!”
Now that your customers are back in school with their friends, this is a great time to push friend referrals. Encourage them to refer their friends using their unique URL and reward both parties generously. People trust the recommendations of their friends and family so this is a fantastic way to grow your business.
6. “Show us your teacher ID and get 10% off on all purchases!”
Create a customer group for teachers in your loyalty platform and when new teachers visit your business, add them to the customer group so they can receive additional rewards and offers. You can now send targeted campaigns towards just teachers (20% off school supplies, $2 off your morning coffee, etc.) Make them feel like a VIP member and earn their loyalty with ease.
7. “Post a picture of our delicious cakes and desserts on your Facebook page and earn a bonus 250 points!”
Back to school also means students are back on social media discussing school projects, sharing funny anecdotes and more. Now’s the time to drive customers to share pictures of your products and services on their own Facebook page. Your business will get additional exposure and reach and potentially bring you new customers.